PluginGuiMagic at CCRMA - presented by Nick Porcaro, Gregory Pat Scandalis, Julius Smith

I am so happy to share the news that just reached me:

Nick Porcaro, Gregory Pat Scandalis and Julius Smith will talk about how they use PluginGuiMagic for GeoShred in an online event at the CCRMA (Stanford).

Graphic design driven JUCE user interfaces

Nick Porcaro, Gregory Pat Scandalis, Julius Smith

JUCE provides a FlexBox class for creating responsive user interfaces, but using it directly is still time consuming. In order to mitigate some of this complexity, we have developed a system for designing user interface layouts for audio processors based on PluginGuiMagic, along with an XML file describing the parameters of the processor. A demonstration of how to add a new Faust based effect to GeoShred will be given.

Lecture. Time: 2:55pm PDT. Location: Zoom main room.

The event takes place on April 9th, 2021, tha talk is 2:55 pm (PDT).
Admission is free, sign up on the linked page is required.

Are there any notes or video recording of this? I am trying to add GUI Magic to a Juce project which was generated by faust2juce. The instructions are pretty terse and don’t seem to cover this exact situation. I’m trying to follow it but am pretty lost. If you like I can send over a sample jucer and single cpp file generated by faust2juce.

If I can get this to work I will try to add a flag to faust2juce to do all the correct things automatically when creating the jucer and cpp files so that new projects would be ready to go.

I am also interested in the video recording if available. I have also posted a “request” to see if there is a way to create a new Faust Architecture for Juce Plugin Gui Magic that would provide an “automatic” creation of an initial project for Plugin Gui Magic from a Faust .dsp.

I’ve made some changes to faust2juce.

There are some places where Faust and PGM’s implementations don’t quite line up. I’m looking into how to solve at least one of them.